Thursday, May 10, 2012

We Thought We Would be Sad to Pack up and Leave our Beautiful House but....

As it turns out, all we feel if great relief.

As I empty cupboards and assemble dishes, kitchen equipment, utensils, pots, pans, etc., etc. for a yard sale this weekend all I can think is thank heavens. No more stuff waiting to be washed, to be dusted, even to be used. As I was once a caterer I have a lot of stuff. Sometimes (to be honest, most times) I felt like our possessions owned us. And, to be honest, we have always felt a house is only a house - home is where you are.

We will, on occasion miss the view, how could we not. It is always spectacular, especially in the fall.
It is even great in winter
And the sunsets are gorgeous

But we will not miss the lawn care, the weeding  (although the gardens are beautiful and we both love being outdoors - but we can be outdoors playing golf, or hiking, or biking...), cleaning 4 bathrooms, etc. etc.

So I am happily gathering up almost everything for a yard sale at Bay Hammocks, 11452 Peggy's Cove Rd., Seabright, this Saturday, May 12 and on Sunday May 13 if there are items left.

Our new home - the Adventure Bus - is almost ready. It is starting to look like home. Window treatments and upholstered items arrive on Monday, new mattress by the end of the week, then we will get what remains of the carpet cleaned and we are good to go. I will post pictures next week when the curtains are up.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.